By Daria Blackwell
Over the years, I have written numerous articles for professional magazines in the pharmaceutical marketing arena and for sailing publications on both sides of the Atlantic. I never thought to keep track of what I wrote until now. It's amazing how things accumulate the older one gets. I always thought there weren't many photos of me until I collected 'a few' in one place. 'A few' ended up being quite 'a few too many'.
And so it seems with things I have written. As most writers do, I find myself wondering if anyone has read what I have written. I have received notes from people on occasion thanking me for some bit of experience I shared with someone who learned from it and perhaps was spared the consequences that learning experiences often impart, especially those painful and costly ones.
Find me on:
Facebook for personal
Facebook for business
LinkedIn for professional
Twitter for everything
Google+ because it's there
Pinterest as a filing system
Blogger for blogging
- Cruising the Wild Atlantic Way by Daria and Alex Blackwell 2015
- Happy Hooking. The Art of Anchoring. 2nd Edition by Captains Alex and Daria Blackwell 2011
- The Naked Truth by Daria Blackwell (a novel coming soon)
- The Unwilling Immigrants by Daria Blackwell (a memoir coming soon)
- Coastal Boating ... the boater's resource for places to go and things to know. www.coastalboating.net
- White Seahorse Publishing
- Knowledge Clinic Limited
Articles about sailing
- Ireland in Autumn, Yachting World, April 2016, p.30-36.
- Apps across the Atlantic, Yachting World, December 2015, p.42
- Direct Strike, Yachting World, November 2015, p.76-78
- A brief history of anchors. Cruising Magazine September 2015 (in press)
- Navigating the Waters. Island Hopping. Gulf Coast Woman July 2015 p14.
- Dancing in the Harbor. Gulf Coast Woman July 2015 p30
- Racing isn't everything. Teach children to have fun sailing and watch the numbers grow. Yachting World guest blog. March 2015
- Keeping the Fun in Sailing. Scuttlebutt Europe #3304 - 2 April 2015
- Close-up with Whales Yachting World January 2015 p50-54
- Anchoring: 6 tips for tricky situations Practical Boat Owner April 2015
- Women on the helm Irish Sailing Association website April 2015.
- Real World Communications for the World or Coastal Cruiser. Cruising Outpost Summer 2014, Issue 7, pp 77-80.
- The West Coasts of Ireland and Scotland -- A Comparison. Flying Fish. 2014/2
- Anchoring -- To swivel or to twist, that is the question. Cruising Outpost January 2014
- To deploy or not to deploy anchor buoys? Cruising Outpost April 2014
- Why it's better for women to take the helm. Part 1. Women and Cruising Blog February 2014
- Why it's better for women to take the helm. Part 2. Women and Cruising Blog February 2014
- Dancing in the Harbor. Women and Cruising Blog. February 8, 2013
- Sailing Master Secrets - Cruising Guide to Sailing Scotland Skipper Tips, 2013
- Protecting Against Chafe. Practical Boat Owner. November 2012.
- Estimating Scope. Practical Boat Owner. October 2012.
- Red Sails in the Sunset. Connaught Telegraph. September 18, 2012
- The Last Day of the Sailing Season, The Mayo News, October 9, 2012
- Chance Encounters between Ships and Whales. Flying Fish 2012/2
- The magical west coast of Ireland. Lattitudes & Attitudes Seafaring, June 2012
- Real World Communications. Latitudes & Attitudes Seafaring, Issue 139. 2012
- Atlantic Spiral Part 2. Flying Fish 2012/1
- Atlantic Spiral Part 1. Flying Fish 2011/2
- Seven Seas University. Lattitudes & Attitudes Seafaring, July 2011
- Storms wreaking havoc. The Mayo News June 7, 2011
- Classic Winners: Roy Boughton and Guiding Light Cruising World April 2011
- The Volvo Ocean Race - An unexpected Cruiser's Mecca. Latitudes & Attitudes Seafaring June 2011
- Sailing for the Good of the Earth. Latitudes & Attitudes Seafaring, Issue 136. 2011
- The Darker Side of Cruising. Latitudes & Attitudes Seafaring, Issue 133. Jul/Aug 2011
- Home is Where the Heart Is. PBO Ireland Special. Practical Boat Owner, August 2011
- Uncanny Encounters of the Bowman Kind. Cruising World, June 2011
- Spuds we like. Practical Boat Owner, September 2011.
- Anchoring Made Easy. Latitudes & Attitudes Seafaring Nov/Dec 2010
- Crossing the North Atlantic - Aleria's journey home. Latitudes & Attitudes Seafaring April 2010.
- Handy Gauntlet Classic Boat July 2010
- Scuttlebutt News: They did it in Galway. Scuttlebutt USA. June 16, 2009.
- The Journey of Aleria. WindCheck, December 2008.
- Bowman 57. Quite the Ketch. Cruising World, May 2007.
- A Show to Remember. Offshore. March 2005.
Articles about pharma marketing & leadership
- The Adherence Fight: A TKO? Pharmaceutical Executive, Aug 1, 2011
- Personal Exchange, Daria Blackwell, Marketer’s Exchange, August 2011
- A profile of Daria Blackwell: the 2011 HBA STAR Volunteer, HBAdvantage, Summer 2011.
- Emerging Issues in Leadership: The Case for Ethnic Communications. The HBAdvantage Winter 2009.
- Living by the Core Principles: A conversation with Ayse Cetinel, Managing Director Janssen-Cilag Turkey by Daria Blackwell HBAdvantage Fall 2009
- How the US Navy is Learning to Retain Its Top Female Officers. The HBADvantage Summer 2009
- Lessons from the Corporate World, the HBA, and Sailing Across the Atlantic The HBAdvantage Nov/Dec 2008
- Chapter 4: Marketing to Ethnic Groups, in Case Studies in Niche Marketing. HCPro, 09/2008.
- Connecting in an on-demand world. PharmaVoice, April 2008
- Solutions to Bridging the Cross-Cultural Divide, PharmaVoice , September 2006
- Cultural Competence, Medical Marketing & Media, April 2005
- Women Physicians: Waiting to Hear from You. Medical Marketing & Media, December 2002
- Becoming Woman Wise, Medical Marketing & Media, May 2001.